Prerequisites for Passport Renewal
If you answer ‘Yes’ to ALL 5 statements below:
If you answered ‘No’ to ANY statement, STOP. You must apply for a different passport service (New, lost/stolen, damaged, child passport). Please call us at 1-800-689-1388 to discuss next steps.
- You have your most recent passport in your possession to submit with your application.
- Current passport is undamaged.
- Current passport was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Current passport issued within the last 15 years.
- Current passport was issued in your current name or you can document your name change.
Renew Passport Checklist Overview
Please review each section of the checklist below. It’s important to note all sections on the checklist must be completed correctly in order to complete the submission process.
- DS82 form – Online generated ONLY, signed and dated
- Letter of Authorization – Manually filled and signed
- Your existing passport book and/or card
- Two new passport photo (no glasses)
- $190 Check to US Dept of State (or $220 for Book and Card)
- Copy of Proof of Departure
Renew Passport Checklist Section Details
Do not forget to sign and date the DS 82 form.
Click here to fill out/print DS 82 Form (https://pptform.state.gov/)
- Passport Application (DS -82) Form
- Please print out one copy of online DS 82 form
- Choose “fill out online and print” option toward the end of the online form
- Choose Passport Book or Book and Card
- No need to choose any processing and shipping method
- Click Next and click the button “Print” to generate the DS 82 form.
Click here to view/print the Letter of Authorization
- Letter of Authorization (LOA)
- Important! Please print two copies of this form first.
- Manually fill out the LOA with black or blue ink only
- Check the first two boxes in the middle section
- Please write Passport Depot on the “The Courier Company Name” line
- You must submit your existing, undamaged passport book and/or card.
- Two new, recent passport photos, taken in the last 6 months, without eyeglasses or head coverings.
- A check or money order of $190 for passport book only. Or $220 for book and card.
- This must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State
- Write your Date of Birth on the check’s memo line.
- One copy of your Proof of Departure. Proof of Departure is NOT required for 6 weeks and 8 weeks service.
- Provide a plane ticket, itinerary or business letter showing proof of leaving the country within two weeks. If you have any difficulties obtaining these documents, please contact us at 1-800-689-1388.
Please make sure to accomplish the items below
Final Steps After Documents Are Completed
Please respond back to this email to include:
- Completed DS82 form (digital file)
- Letter of Authorization (scanned)
- Proof of Departure