Prerequisites for Lost or Stolen Passport
If you answer ‘Yes’ to ALL statements below:
- You are over 16 years old AND
- Your most recent passport was lost/stolen
If you answered ‘No’ to ANY statement, STOP. You must apply for a different passport service (New, lost/stolen, damaged, child passport). Please call us at 1-800-689-1388 to discuss next steps.
Lost or Stolen Passport Checklist Overview
- DS11 form – Online generated ONLY
- Letter of Authorization – Manually filled and signed
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Lost/Stolen passport statement
- Two new passport photo (no glasses)
- $160 Check to US Dept of State (or $175 for Book and Card)
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Departure
Lost or Stolen Passport Checklist Section Details
Click here to fill out/print DS 11 Form (https://pptform.state.gov/)
- Passport Application (DS -11) Form
- Please fill out online information
- At the section “Passport Products and Fees”, please choose passport book, Expedited Service, Standard delivery. You are not paying anything to the government at this moment.
- Click Next and click the button “Print” to generate the DS 11 form. Only the last 2 pages of this 6 page pdf file is needed.
- Print out two copies of this last 2 pages.
Click here to view/print the Letter of Authorization
- Letter of Authorization (LOA)
- Important! Please print two copies of this form first.
- Manually fill out the LOA with black or blue ink only
- Check the first two boxes in the middle section
- Please write Passport Depot on the “The Courier Company Name” line
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: The following are accepted:
- Original or Certified U.S. birth certificate OR
- Original Certificate of Naturalization OR
- Old U.S. Passport AND copy of Birth Certificate
Click here to view/print the DS-64 Form
- Lost/Stolen passport statement (DS-64):
- Please print out and sign and date.
- Two new, recent passport photos, taken in the last 6 months, without eyeglasses or head coverings.
- A check or money order of $190 for a passport book only. Or $220 for a new passport book and card.
- This must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State
- Write your Date of Birth on the check’s memo line.
- Proof of Identity: The following are accepted:
- Valid driver license OR state issued ID. Please make a front and back copy.
- Government ID OR Military ID. Please make a front and back copy.
- One copy of Proof of Departure
- Provide a plane ticket, itinerary or business letter showing proof of leaving the country within two weeks. If you have any difficulties obtaining these documents, please contact us at 1-800-689-1388.
Please make sure to accomplish the items below
Final Steps After Documents Are Completed
Please respond back to this email to include:
- Completed DS11 form (digital file)
- Letter of Authorization (scanned)
- Proof of Departure