|Passport Photo Requirements
Passport Photos Requirements
From Department of State
In order to have your application processed efficiently,
please produce good quality photos for U.S. passports and
U.S. visas. Please do not try to print your own digital
The following are
specific guidelines for passport photos:
- 2x2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Color or black and white
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the
chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except for
religious attire that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing
device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses
are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons.
A medical certificate may be required.
Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable.
Where Can I Get My Passport Photos?
The following organizations provide passport photos
Express Photo and Mail
Mail Boxes Etc.
Toll Free: 800-689-1388 / Toll Free Fax: 800-687-1388
Back to Top